Dt 175MX X another one

philmountains
This post is 4914 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all bought another frame the other day, got a few prob,s 1st is frame number is really hard to see,does not look like it has been ground down !!!just that when stamped very light might be wrong though ? the number looks like 2K4 001310,I have a couple of old tax disc's 1992/93 so don't think it is dodgy.

Also is the steering lock the same key as ignition ? and any advise in pulling the lock out ,cover from lock missing can see the brass pin/broken off and the key goes in will not turn though -the bits/frame etc was left in a shed for years and it shows also been a field bike -the seat is a old fertiliser bag!!!! will put some pics up when i can, belive it or not the rear indicator mount,s are still there ,always wondered what the look like !

Thanks

Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

mine is hard to read too due to being powdercoated several times by a firm that did not take care when gritblasing, you would have a job reading it now ! Whatever you do dont let it get any worse and either paint it or give very strict instructions to the powder coaters if thats your choice.

Youll have a job getting the lock out, as far as I can remember the cover (and rivet) holds it in so without the cover it is free to come out.

If you cut the head off a long 6mm bolt (or use screwed rod)so it just goes into the headstock and on the screw you have one of those extra long nuts that join screwed rod lengths together, then unscrew the nut unside the headstock so the end of the screw pushes the steering lock out...tada