yb100: should fork oil come out the top of the fork when removed?

subrock
This post is 4918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there, I know there arent many yb100 owners lurking judging by the response to my previous topics (maybe I should be posting in the general mechanics section?) but here goes anyway.

I removed my forks earlier today and laid them on the floor and I noticed oil came out the very top of the fork where the bolt usually sits. is this normal? I noticed there isnt a drain plug on the bottom so is it possible that they are just so dainty they just need to be flipped to be emptied and filled?

when replacing I should be putting in 160ml of oil right?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there, I know there arent many yb100 owners lurking judging by the response to my previous topics (maybe I should be posting in the general mechanics section?) but here goes anyway.

I removed my forks earlier today and laid them on the floor and I noticed oil came out the very top of the fork where the bolt usually sits. is this normal? I noticed there isnt a drain plug on the bottom so is it possible that they are just so dainty they just need to be flipped to be emptied and filled?

when replacing I should be putting in 160ml of oil right?

If you mean the top bolt that holds the springs in yep oil will happily come out of there. Odd there is no drain but they are hardly race spec.

If you have the springs out just turn them upside down and pump the oil out into a bucket of some sort. If the oil is really yukky or has evidence of water in it you might want to strip them right out and clean them out properly. While your doing that you could have at the seals too.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

The oil actually looked really good so I'm not worried about it too much, but I make take a swing at replacing it just for peace of mind.

Cheers

Ian

Ian , contrary to the beliefs " Yb 100"s are more popular than folk think, , :rolleyes: I rode one last year, had 58mph out of it,, :) , And a freind has a brand new YB100 1978 with 000.6 mls on clock, in his garage , its a beaut ,:rolleyes: , bring her to squires Two-stroke day,, , B) [ edit ]]]]] Oh " British Columbia ,,,:blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online