Pillion foot peg removal?

Vinno
This post is 4681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob but I got my YZF-R125 yesterday and I want to take the pillion foot rests off (not insured to use so no point having them). Had a look earlier and I think I just gotta take the plastic panel under the tail off in order to get the pegs out once unbolted...but I cant work out how to do this, I'm not too keen on taking bits off willy nilly due to just getting the bike.

If someone knows the best/easiest way to take them off a guide in doing so would be very helpful :)

Sorry for the probable siplicity of the task,

Ali

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

These things, or rather the brackets that they affix to, often make for useful tie-down points for luggage.

Yeah I can see that being handy but I really doubt I'll be needing to carry anything that a rucksack wont manage.

Anybody know of the best way to remove the pillion pegs and brackets?

• 2 months later...

Took them off a while ago now,

In the end I took the cowlings off and undid most of the tail screws and the split-clips on the underside of the tail. Was able to wriggle the pegs out without removing and of the lose panels.

Think mine was slightly harder than others have found it due to the custom tail tidy the previous owner fitted, making the gap a bit smaller.

Also made and fitted my own blanking plates out of some black plastic trays I had lying around, handy as the texture and thickness matches exaxtly that of the tail itself (not like many people will see it)

Will put some pictures up when the bike comes back from the garage with new shoes and a deep service :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online