FJ600

Gentlemanjim
This post is 4765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I just bought a 1984 Yamaha FJ 600, thats a 4 cyl half fairing type sports tourer for $800. Great bike for a taller rider.

It has about 50,000 km on the clock, new bearings in the front by seller, and battery. dampeners.

1. Where is the best place to buy FJ parts on the internet?? Its hard to even find a taillight lens! $40 for a piece of plastic? wow! I'm trying to find a lower fairing too... and a right mirror.

2. Tire reccomendations- I've read that Metzlers or Dunlaps are good. But I dont know. I'm a newer rider so I am looking for good grip, confidence builder, longevity, and something that won't kill me in the rain.

3. Any ideas on upgrading the carbs etc to run smoother or should I just clean them?

4. Any ideas on upgrading the suspension?

Thanks!!!

A.

PS- what do you think of the FJ600 1984 anyways? Not a lot on the internet about them!! I think they look decent considering their age. Did I pay too much?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online