dt175mx electrics

neiltnt1973
This post is 4896 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there guys I would like some help with wiring of a dt175mx, I would like to take the lights, clocks and switches etc off to save damage as it is run as a field bike. is it possable to remove the loom and battery alltogether and just run a few wires from the engine to the C.D.I etc ? is this possable or am I just showing my lack of sparks knowledge! ? :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there guys I would like some help with wiring of a dt175mx, I would like to take the lights, clocks and switches etc off to save damage as it is run as a field bike. is it possable to remove the loom and battery alltogether and just run a few wires from the engine to the C.D.I etc ? is this possable or am I just showing my lack of sparks knowledge! ? :rolleyes:

Yes you can.

Junk everything save for the seven, or six depending on year wires running from the mag to the cdi, not forgetting of course the orange running to the coil. You will need some sort of eath switch in the black and white wire out of the cdi too or you won't switch it off.

For what its worth i think its a stupid idea. The electrical components on the DT are very solid. Mine has done no end of off road work and apart from bulbs still has all its bits, well the indicators excepted but their crap anyway.

Just leave it as is and use it. Don't mutilate it waste of time.

Yes you can.

Junk everything save for the seven, or six depending on year wires running from the mag to the cdi, not forgetting of course the orange running to the coil. You will need some sort of eath switch in the black and white wire out of the cdi too or you won't switch it off.

For what its worth i think its a stupid idea. The electrical components on the DT are very solid. Mine has done no end of off road work and apart from bulbs still has all its bits, well the indicators excepted but their crap anyway.

Just leave it as is and use it. Don't mutilate it waste of time.

Mmmm I would leave it as is, but its already very mutilated. so from what you say i should be able too remove most of the loom and the mass of wires thats in the headligh, but keep the seven wires coming from the mag to the cdi? Plus the one wire from the cdi to the coil, that should be orange ? MANY THANKS

Mmmm I would leave it as is, but its already very mutilated. so from what you say i should be able too remove most of the loom and the mass of wires thats in the headligh, but keep the seven wires coming from the mag to the cdi? Plus the one wire from the cdi to the coil, that should be orange ? MANY THANKS

Don't forget the black and white to the kill switch (engine stop switch on the throttle grip) You can't get rid of that switch anyway as its part of the throttle grip so use it to turn it off.

A lot more important than you may think, untill you have had a motorcycle resting on you revving its bollocks off)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget the black and white to the kill switch (engine stop switch on the throttle grip) You can't get rid of that switch anyway as its part of the throttle grip so use it to turn it off.

A lot more important than you may think, untill you have had a motorcycle resting on you revving its bollocks off)

Had a look at it over the weekend and iam even more confused!

Right here goes, there are two wires coming from the kill switch, one black, one black and white, this one runs to the cdi, but the black goes nowhere.

there are six wires coming out the engine, four wires, the black, white and red, red and the brown run to the cdi.

two wires, the yellow and green and white go nowhere, where should these go?

an orange wire runs from the cdi to the coil but a black wire runs from the cdi to nowhere, again where should this go?

I hope this makes sence, thanks

Had a look at it over the weekend and iam even more confused!

FIELD BIKE??

Right here goes, there are two wires coming from the kill switch, one black, one black and white, this one runs to the cdi, but the black goes nowhere. Earth the black behind the ignition coil mounting bolt.

there are six wires coming out the engine, four wires, the black, white and red, red and the brown run to the cdi.

two wires, the yellow and green and white go nowhere, where should these go? Lights, not applicable to you

an orange wire runs from the cdi to the coil but a black wire runs from the cdi to nowhere, again where should this go?...earth it behind the ignition coil mount

I hope this makes sence, thanks

right ill have a go and let you know how it goes, thanks very much. field bike? yeh i know its a bit of sacrilege, ive got one in good nick and on the road and this one was bought as a dog with the intention of restoring but times and finances change, I wont totally wreck it, maybe one day it will get back on the road. :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online