Dt 125 re 2007 -HELP- urgent.

userx
This post is 4882 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello ladies and gents, i baught a dt 125 re 2007 3 days ago, paid £1500 it has 9k miles and looked like a bargin, i came home went on a ride to hear a strange knocking, also to notice the breaks sticking, anyways i was stressy and listed the bike to sell as i have no patience to fix or spend money i dont have on a bike, so 3 hours ago people came to view the bike, he said he was a bike mechaninc, he said the top end bearings are gone and that the powervalve or somthing isnt connected or giving me power, im more than confused about whats going on and i dont want to end up pumping cash into this bike, also i no shops will charge me a easy £100+ just to look and maybe fix the problem and i dont have that money!.....

If you can help me id be greatfull, thanks!.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

To urgent for an intro in 'Noobs' ?

Ah well :rolleyes:

Small end bearing isnt that hard to do if you are tooled up and have a degree of mechanical competence. OK I understand not everyone has so If that's the case youre a bit stumped on that one.

As for the powervalve, can you hear a swish swish sound when you turn on the ignition key?

No he said its fully opened when i got it, also how much would it be in a shop for the top end doing?....

No idea mate, probably a lot.

Shame you rushed in and paid good money for a not so good bike. Its not that old either, cant imagine why it is fully open, this probable led to the demise of the small end bearing as you have to give them lots of welly every time you set off when they are like that.

Cant you just re-connect it and take out the pin from the pulley?

No idea mate, probably a lot.

Shame you rushed in and paid good money for a not so good bike. Its not that old either, cant imagine why it is fully open, this probable led to the demise of the small end bearing as you have to give them lots of welly every time you set off when they are like that.

Cant you just re-connect it and take out the pin from the pulley?

I dont no alot about bikes, ive been riding them for ages but useually leave the engine and maintanance to shops, how much is alot..... and do you no where i can get a new barrel from "ignition" as this one is warn down.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Mozzer

this bike sounds extremely dodgy to me< just my opinion, a worn down barrell in a 2007 bike with 9000 miles?:/ u should have tested the bike before hand but non the less the bike shouldnt have this problem at this age, do you not know of any family or friends which can help, it is reasonably simple engine tbh?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online