hello from n. mex, first bike

This post is 4925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, figured id drop in and introduce myself.

This is my '78 Yamaha XS400. It is my first motorcycle. I got it from a neighbor for free(+$70 for a set of new Avon tires), and plan on fixing it up and turn the styling towards "street fighter."

The master cylinder is broken, clutch cable seems to be disconnected or something, it probably needs to be completely rewired since the fusebox is currently in an Altoids tin, and it starts to turn over--but not quite and pours gas out when trying to start(likely a carb issue i think), but I do believe it was running before it was parked because of the master cyl.

Its been sitting in my garage for a month or two, I plan on starting the tear-down this weekend and then rebuilding from there.

This will be my first large automotive rebuild(Ive done small things on my car, but nothing too major since it is my only form of transportation) and also Ive never worked on a bike before, but Ive got high hopes and am excited to get started.

I figured I would join this forum ahead of time because I will likely be back with questions throughout the build.

img0810vb.jpg

img0811lk.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online