More horror stories than Halloween night

AlekCanuk
This post is 4745 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OT and I were regaling our near misses on a ride out, in a local caff.

I went for a pee, and the lady sat next to us walked over to OT and told him to ride safe out there. Must have put her off any thoughts of biking forever as obviously she was ear wigging.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

she did and she also said its nice to see your taking your dad out for a run.. :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

she did and she also said its nice to see your taking your dad out for a run.. :lol:

I think you will find she was looking at me when she said that :P

• 3 weeks later...

was on the outside lane of the motorway today (in the car) and this Pug in front saw a coach blow its turbo nearside lane and stood on the frikking brakes!. Luckily I had the wits( and the distance) to react.

mind you seconds later (when we would have been clear of the stricken coach)there was a cloud of smoke and a jet of fire out of the exhaust, looked good that did.

I imagine the turbo was using the engine oil as fuel, till that runs out....

I had myself a close shave just the other day, I'd just turned into a road, and was about to accelerate as it was all clear ahead, when about 25 feet infront of me a Nissan Micra drivers door suddenly flew open, with an 85 year old woman starting to get out, there was no way I could brake as I would have gone into both the woman and the door, but also I'd noticed a van coming the other way, possibly a head on I thought, any way I opened it up and managed to weave inbetween the car door and the on coming van, luckily I keep the bike in tip top comndition, and the throttle was responsive, and I managed to avoid a nasty incident, but I swear the distance between me and the van must have been millimetres and not inches, deffinately a squeaky bum moment.