engine mounts

Paulwhite
This post is 4923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all im cracking on with the xvs bobber got the v5 back from the dvla with the engine change and all is well :D

my question is a bit of a weird one but how many engine mounts do you need?

im asking cause at the moment mine has 2, top and bottom at the back, there made out of 4mm thick steel (that stuff that is fookin solid and needs to be professionally machined as it will eat up any commercial tool bits)

they hold the engine perfectly to the frame and if anything, the engine will snap before they do but would it pass an mot with only 2 mounts instead of 3?

iv only got a little 125cc 14bhp engine so in my eyes it wont cause a problem.....but im not sure.

any help would be apreciated

cheers.

Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Jaysus, i dont know Paul, i wouldnt be happy with just 2 engine mounts !

you'll need at least a head/front mount as the vibes will loosen those plates

right cheers :)

iv had to chop the original front mounts off to accommodate the exhaust, but wont take much to knock some new ones up :D

iv got the plates threaded so the bolt threads through the mounts then threads through the frame mounts then iv put nylock nuts on the end to make sure ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online