xvs250/125 brake pedal & gear shift

jfpeldon
This post is 4850 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My little XVS250 is just perfect for a bloke of my advanced years except for one thing the peg and brake pedal/gear shift position make it seriously awkward with my size 10 boots. I've looked at forward controls but these are 1) very pricey, 2) pretty hideous (IMO) and 3) don't necessarily have that much larger a gap twixt peg and pedal. So does anyone out there know of any manufacturers of longer shift levers/pedals that might fit an XVS 250/125? I've found exactly what I'm after in the states for Harley's but so far drawn a blank for any other makes.

Any alternative (preferably proven) solutions to this problem very gratefully received.

Cheers

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont take offense but i havent a clue what ur getting at :blink:

are you having trouble fitting ur boot between the peg and gearshift? or are you saying there too high up?

if you could post a pic (or a link) of the harly part then that would be a big help.

if your looking for longer levers then i think ur out of luck with this bike...but have you considered putting floorboards on, instead of pegs? i know for a fact that you can get floorboards for the 125/250 and will give you more room for ur feet.

John,

Have you tried adjusting your shift lever and rear brake lever?

I had to raise up my gear shift lever (size 12 boots).

It was easy to do and I have plenty of room now.

-LesS

John,

Have you tried adjusting your shift lever and rear brake lever?

I had to raise up my gear shift lever (size 12 boots).

It was easy to do and I have plenty of room now.

-LesS

Hi Les,

yeah I was thinking about adjusting the shift peg but it was actually the brake that was giving me most concern and I was hoping to get a single solution. There have been a couple of times when moving the hoof right, up, and onto the pedal to brake in a hurry the sole of the boot has caught on the edge of the pedal. I've tried using foot boards but just didn't get on with 'em - I like the grip of having the peg snug in the instep. What I might try is one of the Kuryakn custom pegs as I know they are totally adjustable angle-wise but they are not exactly cheap as chips. Thanks for the reply (and Paulwhite as well).

Cheers

John

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online