1995 FZR 600r (foxeye) Fuel pump

rbaggers
This post is 4927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help please, I think the Fuel pump on my bike is knackered, its been stood for a while and I had trouble starting it, eventually when I filled the tank right up it started on full choke, but was rough, would not idle and stalled when the choke was taken back. I could not hear any Noise from the tank when the ignition went on. I have removed the fuel pump and connected the pump unit directly to the battery (black to neutral and blue to live) and there is nothing. I guess from reading a number of the posts on here that the fuel pump is broken. Its the internal type. I have another on the way from ebay, but that one is also faulty, although it is described as having a wireing fault and works when connected directly to a battery. The plan is to swap the motor units in the whole assembly to hopefully get a working unit. Firstly i would like to ask, am I checking the pump correctly, what noise should i be listening for? and secondly, should my attempt to repair the existing unit fail, is it possible to modify the unit to take an external pump, as they seem much more common to get hold of. If i do do this can the pump go the carb side of the automatic fuel tap?? Indeed has anyone done this mod..

Cheers, Rick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online