79 mx175

tleeson86
This post is 4927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey whats up im having some problems with my 79 mx175. at first i couldnt get any spark so i replaced the cdi and fixed that problem but now i cant get it to rev up past about half throttle. it will sit and idle with no problem. I was told it might be getting to much air but i dont see how. ive cleaned the carb and replaced the spark plug any help on this issue would much appreciated thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey whats up im having some problems with my 79 mx175. at first i couldnt get any spark so i replaced the cdi and fixed that problem but now i cant get it to rev up past about half throttle. it will sit and idle with no problem. I was told it might be getting to much air but i dont see how. ive cleaned the carb and replaced the spark plug any help on this issue would much appreciated thanks

Has it ever run properly in your care?

Are you sure you swapped like for like CDi's as there is only one wire difference.

When you say it won'nt rev do you mean riding down the road or static?

there are 6 and 7 wire cdi units which aren't interchangeable. I have a list at home of what cdi will work

well im pretty sure the cdi i put is the wrong one i have a 7 wire on there and it needs a six it is there any way to make it work?

there are 6 and 7 wire cdi units which aren't interchangeable. I have a list at home of what cdi will work

well im pretty sure the cdi i put is the wrong one i have a 7 wire on there and it needs a six it is there any way to make it work? would a cdi off of a yt175 work?

I would have thought a 79 bike needed a seven wire CDI. the clue is, is there a red wire from the magneto? if so its a 7 wire. well it is on uk bikes but not 100% sure on US models

theres not a red wire from the mag just white/red, black, and brown if i combo the brown and red and ground the brown at the same time with the throttle held wide open it revs up perfect but if i let of off the tthrottle it kills the bike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online