1978 yamaha dt 250

jrr
This post is 4925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone nice forum. I have a qustion regarding a 1978 yamaha dt 250 I just picked up. I bought this bike from a guy who says it needs a ignition coil and I found a coil for it but in searching i noticed this bike should have a cdi or should it not as there is not one on it but just a single wire harness going from the magneto up to where the coil mounts all lights and original harness are gone is it possible this model did not have a cdi or has it maybe been swithced any ideas, thanks im stumped

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Jrr " The early DT250D. Monoshock ,[1977] had points,Also DT250E, [1978] take the left hand engine cover off, see if a set of points there, , The 1979 model DT250F.

had C.D.I. . ;) wHERES in the world are you :unsure: , it helps if newbees fillin profile , to assist with Euro/ USA. models & parts ,,,:)

this section is for intros only, post in the myriad of other sections for you question!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online