XS400 air pilot jet?

armyofda12mnkeys
This post is 4751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I'm looking for the lil screw-in jet on the left side on the back of the carb.

I think its different than the 'pilot jet' which is inside the carb.... This is called the 'air pilot jet'.

I think the values on that hole are 170 when i looked at it (but on backup carb i have I think i saw 155), not sure whats stock.

I think the 'air pilot jet' is #52 here (vs #12 for the 'pilot jet'):

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1978/XS400E/CARBURETOR/parts.html

I think my is a bit stripped so i was looking to replace. MikesXS has 'pilot jets' but i didnt see 'air pilot jets'

Thanks!,

-Arian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all,

I'm looking for the lil screw-in jet on the left side on the back of the carb.

I think its different than the 'pilot jet' which is inside the carb.... This is called the 'air pilot jet'.

I think the values on that hole are 170 when i looked at it (but on backup carb i have I think i saw 155), not sure whats stock.

I think the 'air pilot jet' is #52 here (vs #12 for the 'pilot jet'):

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1978/XS400E/CARBURETOR/parts.html

I think my is a bit stripped so i was looking to replace. MikesXS has 'pilot jets' but i didnt see 'air pilot jets'

Thanks!,

-Arian

Main Jet - Small Round Type #155 Main Jet - Small Round Type - N102/221 Mikuni type - Fits: 1970-79 Stock

XS650 Mikuni BS38 CV carbs and also used as the Air Jet on 1980-84 XS650

Mikuni BS34 CV carbs. Sold in 2's.

apparently the small main jets are used as the air jets for the BS34 carb

i know this cause i accidentaly bought the small main jets for my carb this last week and looked it up and saw that. :P i ordered new ones from egay. 7 dollar mistake :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online