something for the new riders...

Cynic
This post is 4925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know the old sweats will have experienced this first hand but i thought i'd put it up while its on my mind. We do seem to have a lot of new riders even with the draconian learner restrictions.

All you folks wizzing around on your first love, after a very long spell of basically dry weather the first time it rains in whatever part of this damp land you live in the roads will become incredibly greasy. Like riding on a hard winter frost, more so in inner cities.

Just be aware B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good shout there Jason, should save a few slip-ups :thumb:

i tend to find its dead slippy till it either gets hot again or it rains for a couple of days to wash all the crud away.

worst time to ride (well what iv learnt) is the 1st decent bit of sunshine after winter unless there is a heavy rainfall to wash all the salt and crud (have you seen when the roads turn white? and not due to snow! :P ). and also when you get a spot of rain when its been nice (seems to lift all the crud up again) <_<

i tend to find its dead slippy till it either gets hot again or it rains for a couple of days to wash all the crud away.

worst time to ride (well what iv learnt) is the 1st decent bit of sunshine after winter unless there is a heavy rainfall to wash all the salt and crud (have you seen when the roads turn white? and not due to snow! :P ). and also when you get a spot of rain when its been nice (seems to lift all the crud up again) <_<

Pretty much what went through my mind on the way home today, on a roundabout i use which is very heavily used by all sorts of traffic 24/7.

Good call there Cynic !

might help the newbees (and ourselves) from hittin the deck.

ps. I hope the rain stays away ;)

thanks for the heads up

im really not looking forward to riding in the wet because of this

but i have no choose my noraml commute takes about 30mins

but in wet weather im going to be leaveing erlier so i can take it steady

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online