Battery and a few wires!!

Twisted2004
This post is 6988 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry to swamp the forum with loads of messages.

My bike didnt have a battery so i bought a new one, however im not sure how or what to connect to it!

I have the red wire + fuse and black but i think there needs to be another wire connected to it.

I got a pic of a bike on ebay with the battery wired up, im assuming mine should look something like it.

bat1.jpg

bat2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

...i hope so! :D:D

I was jus wondering if there are any other wires that would go to the battery?

like a thicker positive? as shown on the dtr in the pic :?:

not nessicerily mate, depeneds how much power is going to be drawn from the battery, probobly not to much in a dt125 case. the 2 loose wires i can see in the second picuture are about as thick as those on my dt50cc. so there shouldnt be any proboblem there, the other dt may have a electric start or something...

Whackin' it in should be OK......as long as the shop where you bought it, filled it with fresh acid. Then your charging system on your bike should be adequate to do the rest. :wink:

There is normally only 1 red wire from the +ve and 1 black from the -ve on the DTR battery.

That picture may be from the old electric start model (DTR125E). Thay have a second thicker wire for the feed to the starter. Either that or the owner has added a second +ve feed into the loom for some reason.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to swamp the forum with loads of messages.

My bike didnt have a battery so i bought a new one, however im not sure how or what to connect to it!

I have the red wire + fuse and black but i think there needs to be another wire connected to it.

I got a pic of a bike on ebay with the battery wired up, im assuming mine should look something like it.

bat1.jpg

bat2.jpg

please could you confirm your bike is a mk3 dt125lc? i have got a similar bike with a rear dist brake, i thought it was a dt125lc but been told on the forum it was a dtr as dt125lc has drum brakes. your pics are helpful. would it be poss for you to send me a full pic for comparisan. [email protected]

cheers

please could you confirm your bike is a mk3 dt125lc? i have got a similar bike with a rear dist brake, i thought it was a dt125lc but been told on the forum it was a dtr as dt125lc has drum brakes. your pics are helpful. would it be poss for you to send me a full pic for comparisan. [email protected]

cheers

Have a look here

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/index.php...pic=1526&st=100

..its about a 3rd down the page.