Final bits and bobs!

LiamDTR
This post is 4922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So as I mentioned before... I was going to re-spray the bike, not doing the same scheme after all but going for this colour *see bottom of post! (All ordered, plenty of the flip colour as well as base coat and Lacquer!).

All lights have been ordered (Polisport), but best bit is... My friend who is a sparky by trade is building me a loom from scratch! (WOOOOT!).

Other mods are Hpires Rad scoops. Hpires Tail Piece with an RFX Tail Tidy, YZF 450 / YZ 250 Front mudguard (2010 model). Acerbis fork socks are being ordered next week as is an ASV clutch lever!! So it's coming along rather well now!! I think I'm going to go for gold rims at some point but the amount I've spent out on the bike means I'll have to wait for those lol!

Blue_Sparkle_Pearl.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like you got it in the bag?

can't wait to see the finished priduct! B)

sounds like you got it in the bag?

can't wait to see the finished priduct! B)

Cheers Drewpy :) Very much in the bag now... A bloody expensive one!

If I cock the paint job up it'll be even more expensive lol ;) Neglected to order

New bolts and such for the brand new plastics!! So doing that now!

Should be able to do the bike show in stroud (april) in time I HOPE!

Well done liam " its an expencive hobby restorations , :unsure: , where do you stop tho " post up finished article ,,, ;)

Well done liam " its an expencive hobby restorations , :unsure: , where do you stop tho " post up finished article ,,, ;)

Well due to mates suggesting it I'm doing a photo album on facebook with each process of the spraying and fitting! You've seen the original

bike and I think it'll be very impressive when done (So long as I don't bugger up the lacquer)! Also Purchased a couple of other mods!!

Pro Taper Fatbar being one of them ;)

Managed to also get a pair of custom (silver) YPVS Stickers for when the paint job is done! Decided to leave the wheels looking shiney and not gold!

It has proved to be bloody expensive so far but I've picked up some cracking deals along the way! Just have to get the seat re-covered once it's all together really and I'm then on my way :D Will be dry/wet sanding stuff as soon as I get home tomorrow WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Make sure your mate wraps the new loom in tape that has no adhesive Liam, he may already know this but it's best checked at this stage.

It gives the loom flexibility ;)

Cheers OG, I'm clueless with the wiring side of it but my pal has re-wired bikes before but I'll be sure to mention it :)

Well due to mates suggesting it I'm doing a photo album on facebook with each process of the spraying and fitting!

Am not on facebook,,,,,,so is there another way i can see your process stages ;)

Am not on facebook,,,,,,so is there another way i can see your process stages ;)

I shall find a way!!! Would like to state at this time that I'm off my tits on paint fumes.... :D

Ran out of good old halfords primer and tried motorworlds stuff... it was utter crap, so crap that

I took it back and demanded a refund before offering to bring up my panels for the guy to sand down to the

level that I did... he gave me my money!! However... Front fender and rear fender are now BLACK! first coat

only mind, so far so good! the hours and hours of prep work paid off (well so far anyway!). Waiting for

a second tank to arrive so I can still get about etc. (beauty of having new panels and keeping the old!).

Had my new indicators arrive today along with my 2K Lacquer and Yamaha stickers!!

Unfortunately I need to do... 2-4 coats of base coat before I put on the blue sparkle flip >.< worth the wait though

I missed something here, are you using the bike on the road now Liam?

Haha, not quite! It's had extensive work done for the MOT, Should be on the road Thursday though when It's next booked in!

Haha, not quite! It's had extensive work done for the MOT, Should be on the road Thursday though when It's next booked in!

So MOT tomorrow... and I'll give you guys a glance... but NO MORE! ;)

21058210150479201055293.jpg

looks nice mate, looking forward to the bigger picture, thats a bit dark and shows only a hint of the metalflake, or flip colouring

I'll get a better photo... Lacquer unfortunately turned out crap... Having no luck with this bike!! I say that but it passed its MOT with flying colours! The tester was really happy with the work I have done to the bike!! Also fatbars, headlight and new rad scoops arrived today so I'm very pleased! May just do it all in white as I'm at my wits end with the bloody thing now!!

I do have an issue though... Since the bike came home from the MOT the throttle is sticking something ridiculous!! I think it could be due to the cable being so old but I'm not sure?? would this cause these types of issues? Never really had old cables before so unsure on this. Until my new clutch lever assembly arrives I won't be able to switch everything over as the screws(allen screws) are rounded off thanks again to the hobbit like fat creature from the Rhonda buggered them up something rotten!!!

I'll get a better photo... Lacquer unfortunately turned out crap...

Hmm is this because you like pudding and lots of it Liam :unsure:

May just do it all in white as I'm at my wits end with the bloody thing now!!

so that picture you posted, is it having to be stripped now? what went wrong?

I do have an issue though... Since the bike came home from the MOT the throttle is sticking something ridiculous!! I think it could be due to the cable being so old but I'm not sure?? would this cause these types of issues? Never really had old cables before so unsure on this. Until my new clutch lever assembly arrives I won't be able to switch everything over as the screws(allen screws) are rounded off thanks again to the hobbit like fat creature from the Rhonda buggered them up something rotten!!!

Could be the cable, only way to prove it is to remove it, you can get them cable oiling gadgets that clamp around the ferrule and have a hole for an aerosol straw. Could also be a routing or fraying issue.

Hmm is this because you like pudding and lots of it Liam :unsure:

so that picture you posted, is it having to be stripped now? what went wrong?

Could be the cable, only way to prove it is to remove it, you can get them cable oiling gadgets that clamp around the ferrule and have a hole for an aerosol straw. Could also be a routing or fraying issue.

Lol OG, I do like pudding... had two servings of strawberry crumble just to calm down!!

It will indeed have to be stripped, It was in-fact left for about 48 hours after the lacquer went on in a well heated (non humid) room.

Wiped a thumb print off from near where my first screw hole is for the tail tidy and it ruined the paintwork surrounding it, by ruin I mean

a small non abrasive cloth scratched it.. I checked over the rag and nothing was found so me being me tried to do it again and sure enough same thing!

Painting it white is definitely a good idea anyway as it all matches (bar the tank right now). Means I'll be more inclined to cleat it too lol! I really didn't fancy it at first but I'm livid with it at the moment!

It could possibly be a routing issue as I noticed the connector block that splits the throttle cable and powervalve cable had been disconnected, Not entirely sure why but I reconnected it and it was acting exactly the same. Could also be fraying as the cable was rubbing against the connector block bit (no idea what it's called), also the cable is rusty at two points, near the throttle body itself and down by the split off to the powervalve...

Or the oil pump thing... ahh ffs

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I've noticed in the past 45 minutes there is transmission fluid under my bike... spots of it coming from just above the gear selector shaft.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LiamDTR

Calm dowm, more pudding more pudding :rolleyes:

Ahh the joys of old bikes. Selector shaft seal gone? its an easy fix, ask 2 wheels he did his

I think it's the selector shaft seal yea, nice drips of it meh. I'm grateful it's not absolutely p£%"£$ out!

none the less I have a big bottle of rock oil for it :)

I'm going to throw it at the local bikeshop for the throttle cable, we're quite chummy and they are well priced!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online