Spring In The Great White North

xv535
This post is 4930 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After a long and hard winter with a lot of snow in February and March coupled with -20 C temperatures it looks like spring is finally making it's way north. Canada Geese arrived on March 19...don't know where they'll land as the fields are still under snow and all the lakes are frozen.... and yesterday I saw a bike on the highway....bet he was cold. Sure signs of spring in the Great White North! :D

Today was a nice warm 6 C (is that warm or what???) and sunny so I went to the shop and dragged the bike out, fired it up and took a couple of runs down the driveway. Sometime around the second week of April I'll put some insurance on it and take it for a real ride :rolleyes: unless we get some more snow :angry:

Rocky

IMG_0623.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well the birch sap is rising here so that means its positively sweltering, do you tap birch or maple up there Rocky ?

Hey Rocky,have you got your own cable-car?

:lol: well spoted OG.

ps. i likes your doggys :D

No Maple trees here Barkwindjamer. I's too damn cold, but we do have lots of birch and you're right....the sap is running. Sugaring off is not common here due to the lack of maple trees but some misplaced interlopers from Ontario and Quebec who live here do tap the birch and boil the sap down to syrop. Personally, I would rather drink a Guinness. :P

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wlrz_best-beer-guinness-commercial_fun

Oldgitonabike you have to educate me....remember I'm from the colonies...What is the colonial equivalent of my own 'cable-car'? I may have one. :huh:

Rocky

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online