Dt175 performance question.

Cynic
This post is 4819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, quick question for all the DT175 owners out there..

I followed a DT175 today, real tidy blue one with the same (or very similar) pipe to mine and a 1980 model. It didn't go like mine though. Not even close.

It sounded flat, still husled up enough to leave me behind in the truck but nothing like my one.

Mine would have cleared of, big time. It rides for all the world like an old MX bike.

What yours like?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

aaghhh the blue ones(like mine) are slower than the later ones as you know :angry:

blue is a 1979 colour with the early sh1te airbox!

But your gonna change that arent you OG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your gonna add your own Boost Bottle :unsure:

yeah thats the plan Pat,

O good, be interesting ta see what difference it makes.

yeah thats the plan Pat, got to get her back together and up and running first though

For Squires 2012 or 13..... :P

• 1 month later...

She's coming along nicely now, put the standard exhaust on last weekend for the first time since I removed the pipe in the header. My SM tailpipe?...well that needed re packing so instead of my usual re-pack using baffle wool (fiberglass) and packing it real tight like I have done for the last few generations I decided to try some filter sheet from work, looks a bit like the baffle sheet that is sold for purpose. Well I was shocked :o it felt a hell of a lot more torquey on the ride home but noisy, yep too noisy really :angry:

so today I fitted a bog standard steel one, what a lovely sound, it's been so long I forgot what they sounded like...much more neighbour friendly and performing way better than the Gianelli / SM combo that was on last week, more than likely due to the silencer packing method I had used. :D

Aye Cynic " The mono-shocks look quicker than the old twinshocks . is this due to the 7 port. against 5 port older engine, :unsure: Watched the squires ride-out video, The two- DT175"s left together,

and the twinshock , looked slugish compared to the mono,,,,