Dt175mx 1978

clivew1965
This post is 4933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone confirm the correct amount of fork oil for my dt175mx 1978. It says 148 in the manual is this correct as my forks apear very soft. Ive used the correct oil. may be because im used to the xjr,lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From that reply Paul I know you haven't ridden your MX for a while. You got all cosy on its high tech grandson.

Whatever oil you put in em they will be glorified pogo sticks, they are slightly softer pogo's than a road bike but no mater how hard you try plush is never going to be a word used with these forks. Don't forget its the springs (squidgy ones in our case)that set the strength of the forks the oil just stops oscillation over bumps.

Personally i go with the air gap rather than quantity as no mater how carefull you are you just won't get all the old stuff out unless you have done a full strip and clean.

As to 5, 10 whatever, just means they will jar your wrists on smaller bumps tbh as you get thicker. I think i've got 10 in mine and i would describe them as firm as far as big bumps go. As for corrugations :( . The old girl is mainly a glorified road bike now though rather than hardcore muddy (i remember when........ :rolleyes: )

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online