MY RXS100 HELP?

olicodders
This post is 4838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys.

im fed up with asking people that dont know anything, and im hoping on you yammy people to help!

just bought a 1983 rxs100, ive been riding it around and noticed that it will not redline in first nor second ? the revs hit about 6,000 and it doesnt seem to want to rev any higher :S

is this usual ?

what could cause this?

how do i fix it?

cheers, codders.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello guys.

im fed up with asking people that dont know anything, and im hoping on you yammy people to help!

how do i fix it?

cheers, codders.

yes its a bastard its almost as bad as when some one just comes in asks questions doesnt introduce themselves like in the newbie section just expects an answer and pisses off never to hear from them again. :unsure:

what are you on about mate, its a forum for questions/issues about yamaha bikes... And i have left a question about my yamaha...

i didnt join this site for arguements, i just wanted some help. I dont see why introducing my self would matter anyway, this is internet based your never going to know me anywho,all your ever going to know me as is "olicodders".

cheers..

Yamaha Noobs for Dummies:

Method 1 - Login, don't give any personal info, ask questions about how to fix an ailing machine.

Result - No advice given, some abuse maybe, possibly some references to earlier times when folk arrived, got info and pissed off to flog their nail on ebay, having picked enough brains to make it run.

Method 2 - Login, post up a 'Hi, I'm new here' in the Noobs section giving a bit of detail. Follow up with a 'My bike's running rough' post slightly later

Result - Advice and knowledge imparted, if a geographical location is also given out it is not unknown for local members to pop round and give a hand. Smiles all round.

If you think this is being harsh, try walking into your local bike shop, not introducing yourself, barging into the workshop round the back then yelling "My bike's fucked, what's wrong with it?". If you do try this, please post up a video on Youtube, I'm sure we'll all watch it!

Manners cost nothing and get huge rewards.

End rant.

Hello guys.

just bought a 1983 rxs100, ive been riding it around and noticed that it will not redline in first nor second ? the revs hit about 6,000 and it doesnt seem to want to rev any higher :S

is this usual ?

what could cause this?

how do i fix it?

cheers, codders.

no it's not usual, but im glad you let us know you have a problem so we can,:rofl: roll about laughting.

look if i hadn't tried any thing or asked other peoples opinions do you think i would of resorted to a web forum?

secondly, i never offended anyone i was simply asking a question. no demands no insults.

and if you want personal information the chances are im not going to share it over the web...

i thought this forum was about helping people with problems, not slating them because its the first time they have used the god dam site and apperently (although i disagree)havent gotten it right.So thankyou to the lovely introduction to the yamaha club (Y)

and asking for your information and then selling the bike on? if you can see my user name - codders94- as you lot all seem to be quite good at making assumptions i was born in 1994. March 1994, which means -as you have already probably assumed- i am about to turn 17, all i wanted was to iron out some issues... So thanks for the help..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online