Ybr 125 5th gear problems

Peace
This post is 4785 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a yamaha ybr 125 2010 model had it for about 7 months now and works great apart from it won't go into 5th gear? I get to four and when I try to flick up it just won't go in? What I shall I do about it I'm not a very mechanical person so does it need to go for a new gear box? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Free Advice - You have had your bike for 7 months and this is the first time you turn up here. An introduction on the Noobs forum may get you some answers. :rolleyes:

Has there been any accident? Does it slip out? Maybe the claws have been damaged somehow.

Greetings, Martin

Free Advice - You have had your bike for 7 months and this is the first time you turn up here. An introduction on the Noobs forum may get you some answers. :rolleyes:

^^^^

Wot 'e said, but here's a question or two:

Has it just started doing this or has it been like this for 7 months? If it's just started, what happened between the time it was OK and the time it wasn't?

Playing the idiot card - you are aware that the gearbox is 1 down, 4 up?