Stolen/Recovered R1 07 needs ignition

R1RossiRep07
This post is 4952 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dear All

My first post. Thanks for your posts on R1 fuse box, it helped me re-wire my bike after some fucker nicked it last week.

Thank God for Tracker and the Essex police. However, my steering lock and ignition barrel are broken. So Im guessing new ones of those plus petrol cap and keys.

Im not a mechanic, or technically minded. Just passionate about bikes.

1)Can someone tell me exactly which parts I need for my R1 07 to get it back on the road (as u can now start it with anything)?

2)Why cant I find these items on ebay/forums? There must be crashed bikes out there.

3)It didnt have an alarm, so im guessing no immobiliser. Could a thief like mine jump on, start up and ride off if I had an alarm fitted?

Please help, having my dream R1 in London is making me question ever riding a nice bike again. It seems they are just too easy to steal. Thats 2 R1's in 7 months. Its killing me inside. Ive started googling fazers...:(

Thank you all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the keys are the sort with chips in them, you're looking at main dealer parts only which will have to be programmed to match the ecu. Don't buy these parts off ebay as you'll never get them to work, the equipment needed to match locks and keys to the ecu simply isnt available.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online