YZF 600R Won't Start

iggy1988
This post is 4936 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2000 YZF 600R that I've been riding for 3 years now. I've never had any trouble with it before but at the very end of my 3rd year on the day I wanted to take it out for my last ride the bike would not start.

Every time I tried to start it I could hear a clicking noise sounding a lot like the starter. However it never would get to finally starting up. I didn't think it was the battery as I had just 2 days earlier went on a ride (30-40 mins long) and when I put the key in the lights were normal (not dim whatsoever). Wanted to know what someone might think this may be. The weather had gotten very cold the night after I had last taken the bike out and on that day too. I tried turning it on with the choke but same results of the clicking. Any suggestions on what I should check out are helpful, thanks.

The bike has roughly 23-24K miles on it and I make sure to keep a regular maintenance on it. Would rather solve this problem/fix it on my own then go to a dealer to save some serious $.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try charging the battery iggy

battery could have duff cell,plenty of juice to operate lights ,horn etc, but not enough to turn over starter motor

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online