R6 Cup racing!!!

R6Babe
This post is 7104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

im 19 and currently ride a '02 plate R6, i am looking at trying to enter into the R6 cup for the new season, but im trying to get sponsorship to do this.

it is a true ambition of mine to compete professionally and i am confident i have what it takes, i want to eventually race in the BSB and i am willing to go throught the long hard slog to get there.

if you have any tips or advice for me relating to this or if you would be interested in providing some sponsorship for a young female racer then please reply and i will contact you directly,

thanks all

Laura

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Laura, from what I saw / gauged from being at the first R6 Cup launch in 2003 you`ll need to be a decent / successful racer already - and assuming that you ARE a decent and successful racer, then you`ll need the sponsorship deal to raise the entry fee which was £15,000 in 2003 and I believe £17,500 in the 2004 season.

The entry fee covered the use of the bikes, tyres, repairs etc. The bikes were taken away by Yamaha and prepared for the next meeting, all they left alone were your suspension settings.

First thing to go up for sale may well be your own R6 ...... :( - but needs must if you wanna race in the big time.

Its up to you to fund transport to and from meetings,accomodation when there, your leathers, helmets all other race clothing although there were Paddock Jackets (I`ve got one :) ) tee-shirts, kit-bags, caps and some other trinkets handed out to the riders at the launch.

I have some photos I took from inside the launch if you`d like some ? I was invited there by Niall Mackenzie and Rob McElnea as I own this ...... PM me for an e-mail address.

RD350LC`s were used for the original Pro-Am race series back in 1981 - ask yer dad :):lol: The R6 Cup of its day, if you get my drift.

LC.jpg

When the photo was taken I had Steve Hislops (R.I.P Steve....:cry: ) BSB R1 on the left and a race R6 on the right - and my LC in the middle.

Being let loose inside the Virgin Yamaha and BSB paddocks made for a great day :D

Paul.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Just been on the MCRCB website. The regs are on for 2005 R6 Cup. Basically you've got to be 17 - 22 years of age, have a FULL ACU Clubmans licence and pay £18000 + vat to enter.