Dt175 electrics

This post is 4933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pulling my hair out here lads, should of labled the wires on strip down. Cant get things to work? lights etc. If there is anyone who knows electric wiring near weston super mare drop me a message. I will pay for the help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok lads, here are a few of the lost wires,

The two black wires form the handlbar controls plug into the dual black connector?

Two black wires with small round clips about 18in in lenth in light that a bolt will go through go to where, think its earth but is there a specific place?

Only 3 wires for the rear light but have tried mixing about but light is on all the time?.

Thats for starters. Helpppppppppp

Ok lads, here are a few of the lost wires,

The two black wires form the handlbar controls plug into the dual black connector?

Two black wires with small round clips about 18in in lenth in light that a bolt will go through go to where, think its earth but is there a specific place?

Only 3 wires for the rear light but have tried mixing about but light is on all the time?.

Thats for starters. Helpppppppppp

a: Yes

b: They are the front indicator earth returns, the ring goes on the stalk mounting behind the nut and washer

c: is your brake light stuck on, try unplugging the front and back switches to eliminate, I would say most likely the back one first

Have you got a manual with a wiring diag?

a: Yes

b: They are the front indicator earth returns, the ring goes on the stalk mounting behind the nut and washer

c: is your brake light stuck on, try unplugging the front and back switches to eliminate, I would say most likely the back one first

Have you got a manual with a wiring diag?

Cheers for that,

Front brake sensor was playing up so purchased one today and fitted and rear light works correctly.

Will try indicators tonight. will put a pic up later.

Have a manual now so hopefully it will help me but hey im poo with wires, lol

It wont be mint restoration as have not re-chromed the wheels and forks but i can do these at a later date should i want to.

Engine on first rebore fitted with new piston and rings as old ones were stuck in and back to the standard exaust.

im happy with the result so far £800 for the bike, lashed out £400 completing work so dont think i will loose much money in the end. Not that this matters as i love tinkering.

Ok Clive, look forward to the pic, any other probs...just ask ;)

Ok think i have now sorted electrics. bad earths due to paint on handlbars and frame. Started it today and it apeared to tickover fairly fast. I have put a new carb needle in and jet and changed the needle clip as it was on the first point, manual says 3rd, is this right and could this be the reason its ticking over fast? adjust the tickover screw done nothing.

Try screwing the mixture screw in slightly. The official setting is 1 1/2 turns out from gently closed. Sounds lean at idle. Also try having a spray around the carb and manifold with WD40 to see if the engine speed changes, indicating an air leak.

is your carb a 2H500 or a 3U500 ?

Pulling my hair out here lads, should of labled the wires on strip down. Cant get things to work? lights etc. If there is anyone who knows electric wiring near weston super mare drop me a message. I will pay for the help.

I give up , will take it to a bike shop and let them set it up. Poxy thing. Just cant get it to run correctly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online