NEC Motorbike Show 2004

JohnR6
This post is 7115 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I haven't been on this forum for a few weeks now, how's everyone?

I just been to the NEC Show yesterday and sat on louds of bikes, Had a great day out! (apart from the traffic jams in and around Birmingham!) :lol:

I've noticed that new sportbikes are getting smaller these days! I sat on the new GSX-R1000 and that bike is small!

I got to say, out of all the bike I sat on, the Yamahas were the best. I felt that they had really good build quality and I just felt GOOD on a YAM! I sat on the Honda's and just didn't feel right!? The new Kawasaki ZX-6R was nice but I didn't feel too comfortable on it and I didn't like it's small dials. The Gixxer 600 wasn't bad too but felt a bit big for me! I think the new R6 is the bike for me..........The R6 was already my fav bike just by seeing pics and reading about it in Mags, but now that I've sat on it and seen it up close, it's deffinitely the bike for me! :lol: Oh yeah, the R1 was very nice as well and the new MT-01 looks pretty mean too! :wink:

Yams Rule!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I can't help but notice the same. The big sports bikes seem to be feeling smaller on the road and to the eye.

If you look at todays R6 and compare it to say, a GSXR750J, the R6 looks like a 400.

The FZR1000 genny feels like an articulated lorry against modern bikes, goes like one too :oops:

I plan to invest in a 1 litre Yam for next summer for the exact reason you mention. They feel a lot smaller that the bikes of years gone by.

Small 9 stoners like me don't get on with big, heavy bikes....hence why I like strokers...

My R1 is like a tank compared to the new ones and it doesn't stop me! :roll:

And I'm a girl!

Yes, the new sportbikes are really small. I'm not that tall, only 5'8" - 5'9" and the new GSX-R1000 felt really small! When I put my foot on the pegs, my legs were really cramped up! Mind you, with bikes getting smaller, that's not such a bad thing for not so tall people like myself.....so I'm not really complaining. :lol:

If you're looking to go for the R1, then go for it cos' it's a beautiful bike and it very comfortable.....it's got to be one of the best sportbikes around and it looks great........it looks even better when you see it up close! :D

Mind you, with bikes getting smaller, that's not such a bad thing

Exactly I've passed the point where I believe I might one day grow into a bigger bike, so perhaps the bigger bikes will grow into me.

I was going to go to the show but money's a bit tight at the moment and I knew there were so many things I could have bought so I have been very restrained.

Anyway little is good IMO, it'll help discourage middleaged men with beer bellies from trying to squeeze into racing leathers :lol:

The FZR1000 genny feels like an articulated lorry against modern bikes, goes like one too  :oops:  

AHEM!!! my baby will keep up with all these new beasts, it maybe a bit heavy but is planted in the corners, not like these new "flighty" monsters :wink:

AHEM!!! my baby will keep up with all these new beasts, it maybe a bit heavy but is planted in the corners, not like these new "flighty" monsters :wink:

Quite right too !

To fully use the additional performance of the R1 I'd say you really need to be a skilled rider and not some weekend warrior. That's me really, part time hooligan. I love going fast and particularly in the twisties.....that feeling of 'I might not quite make it this time' and the afterglow is something I have yet to repeat in everyday life..

Ohh, that buzz.

Roll on summer 2005.

That's cos your a biking god Beez. To us mere mortals it's an articulated lorry :D