yamaha sr 125 headlight bulb????

Gazza1984
This post is 4951 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i bought my bike only last week and i love it but im stuck because my headlight bulb broke.

i removed the screws holding the headlight in place, pulled out the light and removerd the rubber part on the back of the light to access the bulb.

once i removed this i seen that the person i bought the bike off had used a wrong bulb and had copper wire jammed in the hole to make the connections so the bulb would work.

since then i have ben looking for the right type of bulb i need but i cant seem to find it anywhere. apparently these bulbs are meant to be H4s but the bulb i need is like a bayonet type (like the ones used in the house) but this has 3 prongs rather than the standard 2 the house ones have that lock them into place.

has the headlight been replaced? yet the bulb housing has exactly the same wires as the wiring loom. (same colours plug into each other)

i know im waffling abit but i m trying to explain everything i can.

im really struggling to find the right bulb so i cant ride the bike in the dark.

hopefully someone can help me and explain what bulb i need.

or has anyone got a spare bulb housing complete headlight i could buy/

regards gazza

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online