Yo R1 pilots...

Guest JMW
This post is 7256 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Your advice on the best choice of sticky tryes please..... stock rims but need the stickiest dry road tyres regardless of cost or durability.

Thanks - J

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I use Dunlop 207 RR's F**king awesome on my R1! My mates all use them on theirs aswell. They get a big thumbs up.

Ive done road and track riding with them and have always felt 100% confident in them, Cliffy uses them on his Gixer1000 too.

I belive Dunlop are bringing out a 208 soon (if it's not already out) so I will probably try them next.

:shock: Dunlops ?

Really ?

They were a byword for naff back in the late 80's and early 90's, Pirelli evo super corsa's used to be on the money so I am very suprised at the Dunlop vote.... Kinda good really.

Blimey Charlie :shock:

That's very true JMW but pirelli seem to have lost the plot in recent years. The dunlops were in such high demand in the summer that our shop actually had a waiting list :shock:

Trust me they're the mutts nuts! :D