Yamaha 250 FZX zeal engine problems

NinjaJewEater
This post is 4949 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there having a few issues with my 250.got the complete big recently for £100 as a no runner. I plan on using the engine on an off road buggy and selling the rest of the bike. Firstly does anyone know if there is a manual for this bike as I haven't found on yet, I have the manual for my fzr 600 genesis and there are a lot of similarities between the 2.

Moving on to my problem.when i got the bike i stripped and rebuilt carbs,checked wiring,spark plugs firing order etc. So all was fine wIth that good spark etc. When I started cranking the engine over there was no life what so ever. After checking carbs and exhausts I noticed that when I turn the engine over the carbs be blowing and the exhaust were sucking.and after a couple of cranks I got a back fire. So figured the timing was out.

Removed the magneto cover and aligned the 'T' Mark with the same point on the crankshaft as my 600 lines up to as I couldn't see and other line to identify where to line up to.I then lined up the cam shafts with their marks and rebuilt the engine. Here's where I have the problem. After lineing it up like this I tried crankin the engine by hand and it will only crank 1/4 turn then jam the engine. If I release the tension on the timing chain the bottom end cranks fine and the cams move fine. And the engine turned over fine before. So have I lined up the magneto wrong? It's puzzled me a bit. Any help would be great.

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online