FZ600 Exhaust

KidValentino
This post is 4912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Need a new exhaust for my 1986 FZ600, looked around but can only find a complete exhaust for a FZR600 without spending a fortune.

So my question is will it fit?

before i purchase the fzr exhaust thought I would ask the question if anybody knows if it will fit?

Cheers

Kieran

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good man for replying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,least people will know in the future :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

in answer to my own question and for anybody interested its a YES!

took the old exhaust off and took it with me and its a match!

That's excellent news! Do you know which model of FZR600 exhaust you bought? As in which years it covers? I am desperate for downpipes for my FZ600 and can find loads for FZR600's on the likes of EBay but am not sure which ones will fit. Any info you can give to help me get something on my bike would be great.

That's excellent news! Do you know which model of FZR600 exhaust you bought? As in which years it covers? I am desperate for downpipes for my FZ600 and can find loads for FZR600's on the likes of EBay but am not sure which ones will fit. Any info you can give to help me get something on my bike would be great.

The exhaust I bought was taken from a FZR600 1987 my FZ600 is a 1986 but fits like a glove, after much researching I found that both bikes are almost identical up to 1989 when the FZR's engine got tilted forward.

hope this helps if you have more info on the year of your fz then i might be able to dig out more info.

cheers

Kieran

The exhaust I bought was taken from a FZR600 1987 my FZ600 is a 1986 but fits like a glove, after much researching I found that both bikes are almost identical up to 1989 when the FZR's engine got tilted forward.

hope this helps if you have more info on the year of your fz then i might be able to dig out more info.

cheers

Kieran

Hi Kieran,

It's a 1988 UK model. The one with the XJ600 engine. This one:-

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/fz600.JPG

I know when I got the bike it didn't have the correct exhaust system and I do believe it was the FZR600 system. But I thought all FZR's had the engine canted forward.

---------

Gary

Hi Kieran,

It's a 1988 UK model. The one with the XJ600 engine. This one:-

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/fz600.JPG

I know when I got the bike it didn't have the correct exhaust system and I do believe it was the FZR600 system. But I thought all FZR's had the engine canted forward.

---------

Gary

according to the research I did the FZR's engine canted forward from 89 onwards, the main difference was the delta box.

hope this helps with your search.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online