Fzr600 trouble, wont start or run.

2wheels4ever
This post is 4794 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is my first time on the forum and I need some help.

I sold off my dirt bike to buy a street bike. When I first got it the bike ran great; it only had less than 30k on it and it the motor was in good shape. I probably put 400 or so miles on it so far. The other day I went to go to the gas station. It started up just fine and was running great, but about 5 minutes into the ride or so the bike started to run really badly. Almost as if it was running with the choke on. It would just bog down if you gave it throttle and it wouldnt rev past 4k. I was on a 25 mph street when this happened. It was running badly for about a mile and then just died. I pulled of to the side and tried to start but to no avail. I ended up walking the bike back to my apartment. When I went to try and start it the bike did eventually start but it ran terrible and eventually died again after about 30 or so seconds. I figured it was the spark plugs, so I replaced those. The old ones were pretty black so it looks to be running rich. After installing the new plugs it did start, but only for about 10 seconds and then died again. Now I am at a loss. It has a half a tank and when you go to start it you can smell the unburnt gas so it seems to be getting fuel. the fuel filter looks clean. I havent checked the air filter yet. that will be my next adventure. I have worked only a little bit on dirtbikes but my mechanical experience is very limited. Any help or insight is welcomed. Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online