XJ600s correct routing of hoses and cables

Matty Towel
This post is 4951 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello other users.

I bought a low mileage 1995 Divvy, which has been in a drop and has had the bars exchanged for pink renthal ones, which clashed with the fairing (physical clash, the colour clash of pink bars and maroon fairing pales into insignificance when I get on the bike, yellow dayglow giant that I am LOL). Anyway, the bars are too wide and made the bike feel more like my little brother's Transalp than my old XJ, more importantly they're too wide for filtering, so I've bought original ones to replace them.

I've took a photo, but don't know how to add it, the Brake hose is routed from the master cylinder, down the front of the top yoke, between the right fork and the steering head, around the right fork again, back through between the fork and the steering head again, behind the bottom yoke then down to the caliper. Surely that loop around the right fork between the top yoke and the bottom yoke is not right, and it wasn't half a job getting all the equipment off the renthall bars when there was no slack in the cables or hose.

Which way should the cables and hose go? If you can describe the routes and send photos that'd be great, and if you can supply info for all the other handlebar cables as well, I can check that whichever numpty did the job in the first place didn't cock something else up. I suspect he did because some other cables are getting rubbed betwixt the top yoke or forks and the fairing.

Thankyou all

Matthew

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online