Pilot jet missing or?

Michael
This post is 4843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading on it for a while. Amazing what Google can find :)

On to the problem.

Some dude once wrote:

Too small of a pilot can be indicated by an idle that "hangs" after blipping the throttle or

by having the motor be slow to return to idle after running at higher speeds. Once again,

mix screw settings may help here.

That sounds exactly like my problem, so I thought that I'd check that pilot jet out.

And what I found was a screw instead of a jet. Or I think it was. It was actually first after I put the carbs back on, that

I discovered this issue, so the pictures doesn't give a very good view of the bottom of the carbs.

http://img845.imageshack.us/i/dsc01418.jpg/

As seen on the picture, there are some brass screws. Is this where the pilot jet normally sits?

Sorry for the newbie question, but this is also my first bike and I've only got experience with mopeds (Only 18 years old :D)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading on it for a while. Amazing what Google can find :)

On to the problem.

Some dude once wrote:

Too small of a pilot can be indicated by an idle that "hangs" after blipping the throttle or

by having the motor be slow to return to idle after running at higher speeds. Once again,

mix screw settings may help here.

That sounds exactly like my problem, so I thought that I'd check that pilot jet out.

And what I found was a screw instead of a jet. Or I think it was. It was actually first after I put the carbs back on, that

I discovered this issue, so the pictures doesn't give a very good view of the bottom of the carbs.

http://img845.imageshack.us/i/dsc01418.jpg/

As seen on the picture, there are some brass screws. Is this where the pilot jet normally sits?

Sorry for the newbie question, but this is also my first bike and I've only got experience with mopeds (Only 18 years old :D)

tom sellick!

th_347325514_rejet1_jetlocations_122_348lo.jpg

the pilot jet is under that black cap. need a long skinny flat head screw driver

Okay thanks for the reply, Kindest.

I was just hesitating with pulling the carbs off again, if it was normal, then no reason to do it.

Sorry for the noobie question tbh.

As for the sandwich guy, I don't see the meaning for his appearance in this thread?

Okay thanks for the reply, Kindest.

I was just hesitating with pulling the carbs off again, if it was normal, then no reason to do it.

Sorry for the noobie question tbh.

As for the sandwich guy, I don't see the meaning for his appearance in this thread?

people get frustated when user's first posts are technical questions instead of properly introducing themself in the

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/forum/48-noobs/ section.

im sure ill be there one day but im not yet. :P

Ah, explains..

Maybe I should head over to the introduction place.. Someday..

Just kind of hate the introduction threads tbh. ><

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online