xv535 fuel tap

growler
This post is 4773 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi chaps, is it possible to take the lower tank fuel tap off without removing the tank?

the reserve is not working,also the tap when it is turned to off it doesn't stop the fuel flow,

thought i may as well have a go before i put all my new painted bits back on.

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi chaps, is it possible to take the lower tank fuel tap off without removing the tank?

the reserve is not working,also the tap when it is turned to off it doesn't stop the fuel flow,

thought i may as well have a go before i put all my new painted bits back on.

thanks.

just to answer my own question.

you can remove the fuel tap on the xv535 tank,but it is a bit of a tight squeeze.

i removed the seats battery and the tank bolts,then the side piece of the frame including the footrest,and also the front flexi mudguard,so you can move the tank up and sideways bit, then using a short strong phillips driver you can just about get the two screws out "they are mounted upwards under the tank"

also take my word for it, even if you think the bottom tank is empty its not,as i found out when i pulled the tap off, and the fuel goes everywhere except in the container that you have ready.

the reserve part of the tap was seized up as water had been running down the wire and into it as there was no rubber grommet,so freed it all up with wd40 and fitted new tap seals and a grommet and the jobs a goodun. :)

i will post some picks soon of my paint job i anyone wants to have a look.

cheers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online