de-restrict dt 125r 2004

bmbr31927
This post is 6357 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

look on ebay ,there is someone who is selling the info for £10,but it will involve changing the exhaust and releasing the reed switch from the speedo,your bike has a catalitic converter

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me how to de-restrict my dt 125r 2004

When you say 2004 the following is for the Electric start RE Model!

A new pipe and silenser kit will help below 65mph, however the YPVS is set to close above this speed and creates an effect of the engine speed dropping untill you drop a gear.

Take the light housing off and find the wire loom, black rubber housing, the indicator wires run into it, you will find a green/black wire that is connected to nothing, get some male connectors for an auto shop with about 2 meters of wire + a ring ended connector (fit wire and connectors, you can press some of them closed around the wire) and run this under tank and air box to the main system earth under the old kick start hole (Now a black rubber blank plate).

This connection allows the power value to fully open to the red line some 11000rpm not close at 8000rpm, note is nothing to do with any rev limiting system as one do's not exist, however its upto you how you us the bike once this is done, but 11000rpm is not over the top for a 2 stroke bike in anycase, (use the best oil and change the gear oil often) at least you can enjoy the engine, if you intend to keep it in 2nd for ten mins from the lights thats your problem!

I did the wire fix before exhaust and although the Dep made some diff the power valve already added some 20mph, the dep sounds good and makes the bike easyer to lift in the dirt but only added about 8mph!

• Admin

Cheers for that Eric, i really should put this in a FAQ as it gets asked every week!

Cheers for that Eric, i really should put this in a FAQ as it gets asked every week!

No problems!

Simple fix's that turns the DT back into a fun machine again, long live the 2 stroke, light fast and fun!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online