pics of my xvs 125 work in progress

dan28
This post is 4118 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ooooo ....thats gonna look sweet :)

makes me wish i bought chrome handle bars :( , think you might have some trouble getting the filter setup to work properly though....the xvs engine is very temperamental! even if its a slight fraction out on the air fuel mix it will run rough as foooook.

but yeah looking good m8 B)

nice to see another (proper)custom xvs 125!

Looking good! Makes me wish I still had my 125 to start chopping. When did you get the bike / start you're mods?

makes me wish i bought chrome handle bars :( , think you might have some trouble getting the filter setup to work properly though....the xvs engine is very temperamental! even if its a slight fraction out on the air fuel mix it will run rough as foooook.

when i got the bike i had awfull trouble getting it to run right in the end it turned out the the previous owner had fitted a mini moto single cable throttle witch was causeing the butterfly on the carb not to open an close correctly

i have since put a standard twin cable throttle on an it seems to run ok with the filter although the exhaust now crackles when high reving

i ve had it around a year the previous owner did most of the work to be honest

i changed the bars added the mudguards an new battery rear light etc

I had my XVS125 until June last year - never seen another XVS125 in Leeds... at least with you're mods you'll be easy to spot. :)

I had my XVS125 until June last year - never seen another XVS125 in Leeds... at least with you're mods you'll be easy to spot. :)

didnt realise you are from leeds (its a small world) do you know of any good breakers besides startright ?

Don't really know any breakers, however these came up on google which could be worth a look?

(Wyke, near Bradford) - have passed these on a train a few times.

and

G.N.D. Motorcycle Breakers, Unit 1, Alkincote Street, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD21 5JT, Tel: 01535 690620

Good luck :)

• 8 months later...

Well too be truthful mate i cant see fuck all in these pics as they are far too small lol i mean i dont wear glasses but after a bash on the old whiskey my eyes are still trying to look at the bike in any great detail lol.

Post up bigger pics using photobucket and im sure that will help in determining if those forks will look good or not.

Same here I have got my glasses on and still can't see much

I click on them and they just pop up the same size?

yep no change in size dude, dunno whats up with them?

i m thinking about fitting these forks not sure if it will look right though

photo1532.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

photo1531.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dan when copying the code to paste in here, highlight in blue, FORUM CODE, then copy and paste that, looks like you've highlighted, then copied and pasted 'forum thumbnail' code instead, mate

Yep cant see a thing clear..

Glad to hear - I thought my eyes had gone...

• 2 weeks later...

Well too be truthful mate i cant see fuck all in these pics as they are far too small lol i mean i dont wear glasses but after a bash on the old whiskey my eyes are still trying to look at the bike in any great detail lol.

Post up bigger pics using photobucket and im sure that will help in determining if those forks will look good or not.

right click on the small pics then open in new window :icon_wink:

photo1532.jpg

• 10 months later...

the bars will be changed as they are now bent due to a crash

the rear master cylinder will be binned an a yamaha wr item that mount directly to the pedal will hopefully be used

just waiting until i get the cast of my arm

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online