XJ 600 Pre divvy cutting out

Barcus
This post is 4823 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well I'll be....!

Only had this bike a few months... MOTd etc.. and happy going along until suddenly the bike lurches forwards as if no fuel.

Plenty fuel me thinks, so wha' the F....? Now I remeber the time when she would not start after I had switched the run switch off and on again. There was an electrical shrt (fizzing )sound when the switch would not engage as it should... contacts stuffed I guess. Anyway... On, Off, On, Off and then the switch engaged and she fired on the button again. Am I right to assume that the switch (if dodgy contacts) could be the culprit? This has happened twice now... Not so bad at 10mph, but at 110mph (as yesterday) I know... Woops! This was not on the roads... Honest, Officer. At speed, it's not too clever.

Do I need to replace the switch altogether, or is there some quick, economical and safe fix?

Cheers ears...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try giving the switch a squirt with electrical contact cleaner - should be able to get it from your local Maplins or similar. Or you could get some ACF50 and squirt it in - you'd be amazed at the amount of crap that gets chased out by this!

Well I'll be....!

Only had this bike a few months... MOTd etc.. and happy going along until suddenly the bike lurches forwards as if no fuel.

Plenty fuel me thinks, so wha' the F....? Now I remeber the time when she would not start after I had switched the run switch off and on again. There was an electrical shrt (fizzing )sound when the switch would not engage as it should... contacts stuffed I guess. Anyway... On, Off, On, Off and then the switch engaged and she fired on the button again. Am I right to assume that the switch (if dodgy contacts) could be the culprit? This has happened twice now... Not so bad at 10mph, but at 110mph (as yesterday) I know... Woops! This was not on the roads... Honest, Officer. At speed, it's not too clever.

Do I need to replace the switch altogether, or is there some quick, economical and safe fix?

Cheers ears...

Yes open the headlight up and trace the red/white wires that go to the run button, then splice them together and turn it on and off with the ig switch.

The sw powers the ig coils, and the switch is powerd by the main (ig switch), therefore connect these two together securely and problem fixed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online