XJ 600 1992

rickogbaby
This post is 4881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone, im ricky i live in dunstable (luton) and own a XJ 600 bike, which im having alot of trouble with. i got the bike as a non runner, after it sat doing nothing for about 10yrs, after alot of messing around and help from friends, i got it running ,but it was only running on what seemed like 2 cylinders (instead of 4). i took my girlfriend to her friends house and left the bike outside, while i left it outside it rained and when i returned to the bike it would not start, it just sounded like the cylinder underneath the fuse box was just spinning, once i had bump starter the bike (with alot of struggle) i took my girlfriend home and upon arrival at her house the bike just died on me. i thought it was just my fuses but cannot seem to find anywhere that sells the fuses i need?? upon closer inspection of the bike i found that the box that connects 2 of the spark plugs is cracked(sorry i am unsure of what it is called) i hope this is enough information for someone to help me if not please let me no and i will do what else i can thank you in advance

Ricky

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It sounds to me like you mean the ignition coil,if you have a crack in it then when it get's damp or wet it will cause it to arc to earth,you need to replace the faulty coil and see if that cures the problem,i'm pretty sure it will.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online