No Neutral or Oil light

benno
This post is 4960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys,

I've almost finished rebuilding my XS250 and have reached the final hurdle (I THINK?)

It seems as though my Neutral and Oill lights don't seem to want to come on. And looking at the diagram I think it may be due to the voltage regulator.

Has anyone else seen this situation?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I assumed you have checked the bulbs?

the neutral and oil connections are both near the output sprocket and as such can be brittle thus break internally if disturbed.

I'd earth the leads and see if you get light. then check connection/fuse for power.

I assumed you have checked the bulbs?

the neutral and oil connections are both near the output sprocket and as such can be brittle thus break internally if disturbed.

I'd earth the leads and see if you get light. then check connection/fuse for power.

Thanks Drewpy,

I did check the connections with a test light quickly last night, without any luck. Will try testing the regulator and rectifier to see if they are still ok.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online