help needed what is my bike

rae14s
This post is 4962 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello i bought a field bike about 10 years ago and gave it to uncle he got it going and used it on field it then stopped and was put in shed it was quite rough i have not seen it for years its tidy up time and i wondered what it was and is it worth bothering with or scrapping i have engine and frame number and number plate can any body tell me what it is frame number 1R7 131904 engine 1RJ 131904 number plate DCJ 230X thank you ,rae

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What cc is it, ? is it air cooled " trail bike ? what part of Outer Mongolia are you in :rolleyes: , Info & Intro is what we need dry.gif

Vague , i think that the model.

hello i bought a field bike about 10 years ago and gave it to uncle he got it going and used it on field it then stopped and was put in shed it was quite rough i have not seen it for years its tidy up time and i wondered what it was and is it worth bothering with or scrapping i have engine and frame number and number plate can any body tell me what it is frame number 1R7 131904 engine 1RJ 131904 number plate DCJ 230X thank you ,rae

That number is not listed with DVLA any more, at least not on computer, it has obviously been a LONG time since it was registerd.

If you were planning on putting it on the road it may have complications.....

thank you as i remember it had no lights or indictors on but was complete engine very noisy would it be any good for spares i suppose it would not be worth restoreing iam in knighton powys thank you for fast response its nice to see what other people think before i might get rid off it ,rae

Restoring any bike is likely to cost more than the final value of it, so you have to love restoring them and be planning on keeping her really I think

Does depend on the level of resto though eh. Getting a bike to good running condition shouldn't cost the earth if the bike is pretty much complete.

Its the overzealous (cue nasal nerdy voice) "Oh my that veloceorton thruxonnivile didn't have a zink washer there! it was painted oh my god!! the calamity call the police" that cost a mint.

My DT makeover (a 10 yearly event :lol: ) cost around 250 all in. Doing the work myself.

Rebuilt the motor

Stripped and painted frame/sw arm

Full rewire

Replaced all fixings for stainless/semi-stainless

New st head and sw arm bearings

New c/s

Brake linings

The above is all the restorers do,just the degree's of finish. Just depends if you want to ride it or look at it, me well its been taking me to work quite happily through all the salt and shit this winter. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online