Another restoration...need parts for my 82 Beluga

peibarry
This post is 4880 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK, now that you are all done laughing at the fact that Yamaha decided to call one of their scooters a "Beluga", I need some parts! :D

I recently picked up a barn find 1982 Beluga/Riva 80cc and I need a carb for it and also a left hand side panel. I plan on restoring it (since my chappy is on hold due to a parts shortage!) and I need multiple scooters/mopeds in various stages of completion to keep me amused.

My Yamaha collection is now equal to my Honda.......3 of each!

THanks anyone who can help show Beluga some love.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OK, now that you are all done laughing at the fact that Yamaha decided to call one of their scooters a "Beluga", I need some parts! :D

I recently picked up a barn find 1982 Beluga/Riva 80cc and I need a carb for it and also a left hand side panel. I plan on restoring it (since my chappy is on hold due to a parts shortage!) and I need multiple scooters/mopeds in various stages of completion to keep me amused.

My Yamaha collection is now equal to my Honda.......3 of each!

THanks anyone who can help show Beluga some love.

Whale, where do I start :lol: never heard of it, if you can post a pikkie?

you dont do easy do you :lol:

Have a whale of a time restoring her

Forums...dont you just love em ;)

http://cv80.phpbbweb.com/cv80-ftopic543.html

Oh yeah. I've been reading that site but it seems a little inactive. I thought there maybe was some closet scooter folks hiding in here with a garage full of parts!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. I've been reading that site but it seems a little inactive. I thought there maybe was some closet scooter folks hiding in here with a garage full of parts!

Brand NOS carb has been found on the bay. Still looking for side cover :P. Ain't she a purdy little thang!!! :P

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

so thats what a beluga is, looks a nice example with little or no rust, a new carb eh...good luck with the panel too mate

Thanks. I'd say its been stored indoors and out of the sun. Its only got either 700 miles or 700 kms on it. Not sure which the odometer recorded in in 1982? But its super low thats for sure.

• 2 months later...

wow your beluga is in great shape! nice one. i picked one up yesterday and its looking like its had a hard life, ripped seat, fading colours etc but cheap and it runs well for an old bike.

at some stage though its been dropped on its side and busted the right hand indicators. im having trouble finding a site that supplies them. do you know of a good site that may be able to help?

cheers ;)

wow your beluga is in great shape! nice one. i picked one up yesterday and its looking like its had a hard life, ripped seat, fading colours etc but cheap and it runs well for an old bike.

at some stage though its been dropped on its side and busted the right hand indicators. im having trouble finding a site that supplies them. do you know of a good site that may be able to help?

cheers ;)

Yeh things seem to last a hell of allot better in the states than they do over here in the UK, not my cup off tea, but all bike of a certain age seem to have the same probs, the scooter looks in good shape for its age, and this site is great for advise.

Best of luck

By the way your garage looks the same size as my house lucky bugger

• 2 weeks later...

cheers ;)

Fleabay is your best choice but expand your search to Germany, UK, France etc.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online