xj600 pre diversion

monkeyhanger
This post is 4974 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

quite new to the owners club, as you can see from my user name I am from Hartlepool, I am using a 1989 xj600 pre diversion comuting 80-100 miles per day and have used the bike in all weathers with out fault the bike show nearly 70,000 of which i have done 40,000+ in the last 3 years.

Last month it lost cylinders 1 and 4 having investigated the ignition system the fault was traced to the ignitor unit,could not get one from any dismantlers and yamaha wanted £500 for a replacement.So decided toopen cdi unit found two transistors in aluminium heat sinks, using a basic multimeter found one was showing no readings.Using the numbers on the transistors I found an equivalent in the CPC catalogue (www.cpc.co.uk) their code SC06850.

iT IS A DARLINGTON TRANSISTOR BDW42G

cost 76p plus postage plus VAT

I bought 3 for less than a tenner including postage

A little bit of soldering and Iam fully mobile again

Hope this helps somebody

The Monkeyhanger

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats genius m8, just shows what can be done, did you break toys when you were a kid ? :D

500 or less than a tenner, thats what you call proper scandalous. How can yamaha charge that much when you can fix it yourself for no more than a couple of quid?

Good on you mate, thats what you call proper smarts