06 Stratoliner

solocycles
This post is 4882 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New to the forum and looking for a little input. Getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on an 06' Strat S with 8600 miles on it from a dealer. Previous owner put pipes and just about every piece of add-on chrome.(engine guards, bag guards, running lights). The bike is very clean exceptfor the windshield that has several gouges in the plastic and chrome. (I plan on replacing it). Is there anything specific I should check out prior to purchase? I have been reading about this bike for about the last month or so and seems like a great ride. No service history so I would change engine oil right off the bat. Thanks for any suggestions.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Marty,

If there are aftermarket pipes make sure there is a power commander, and if not buy one and have it dialed in. Also check the tires, I suspect there isn't a whole lot of tread left. I just bought an 08 w pipes for 9 grand US w 6800 miles use that as your baseline if you're in the USA.

Happy motoring!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online