Yamaha yzf r125

Busbyian
This post is 4800 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone answer why on new bikes when the headlights are on it is the right one(as u sit on it) and then when full beam goes on it changes to the left one on right one off.Side lights remain constant.Dealer says this is the norm now.Surely be better to have both headlights on all the time.

Can anyone....ENLIGHTEN me

Thanks

Ian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone answer why on new bikes when the headlights are on it is the right one(as u sit on it) and then when full beam goes on it changes to the left one on right one off.Side lights remain constant.Dealer says this is the norm now.Surely be better to have both headlights on all the time.

Can anyone....ENLIGHTEN me

Thanks

Ian

Price you pay for performance and the frankly ridiculous ideas the japs have. One light is dip one mainbeam, to have both on dip and main means more wire, different bulbs adding a nats nakkers worth of extra weight and increacing load on an electrical system thats designed to supply just enough electric.

Law doesent say both have to be on together, i had a 350 streetfighter that (for the mot anyway) is how the lights on that worked.

When not for the mot man i had couple of relays connected up that swapped them from sieries to parralel connection as the lights i had would only take single fillament bulbs. That way i always had both lights lit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online