Introducing me...

Untold
This post is 4834 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all!

I thought I should introduce myself before I leave it too long and forget. I am restoring an XJ 600 after 10 years in storage with the intention of using it for commuting and generally running about. It is my return to biking after about 5 years off and is nearly ready for the road, but not quite. It's also my first restoration project (minimum effort due to time and cost :blink: )

I have written up my exploits on a blog. I have tried to write up the downs as well as the ups as I think its important to be honest. I hope I can help someone with my experiences, but it would be nice to have a working bike to give me some credibility!

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the Y-O-C Roland nice bike you've got m8-have you been introduced to Foamy yet :)

Thanks for the welcome! I had not realised I could post pictures yet. Foamy, it has some rust and the odd dodgy fix, but I just hope it will get through an MoT. Hopefully will eliminate some lines of enquiry on the troublesome engine tomorrow. Might even fix something! Will let you know how I get on.