750xv Clutch problems

TTolick
This post is 4980 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a Yamaha Virago 750 and the clutch isnt acting right when i go to put it in gear it kicks forward and dies. but when i have the engine off i can hold the lever and push it just fine. so why when the engine is running the clutch wont disengage.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I have a Yamaha Virago 750 and the clutch isnt acting right when i go to put it in gear it kicks forward and dies. but when i have the engine off i can hold the lever and push it just fine. so why when the engine is running the clutch wont disengage.

Have you had the clutch out or replaced, changed the oil ,we need a bit more input? was it fine before you put it away for winter it could be one of your saftey switches just sticking though, I had the same problem on my FZR , clutch in, into to first then it would just die , turns out it was the side stand safety switch not fully returning home have a look, get all the gung out spray with Wd40 and work it up and down until you can see the plunger returning fully home, it worth a go first

sounds like the clutch has siezed up .. give this a go :-

start the engine (making sure the rear wheel is off the ground)

zip tie the clutch lever to the handle bar then engage first

adjust the tick over up to about 3k

press the rear brake pedal

if the engine stalls the clutch needs freeing off

if does not everything is fine

if the engine stalls just let the engine run in gear and the clutch lever zip tied up, at some point the clutch will free up (you can test this by pressing the brake pedal from time to time).

If you don't want to do this strip the clutch plates out of the basket, allow to dry & refit

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online