Neos yn50 won't rev

Dave.42
This post is 4982 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

My son has got a little Neos yn50 and all was running fine until it stalled for no reason, he said it was hard to start again and then it had no power.

when I had a look at it it would rev but then cut out, riding it it wouldn't go over 15 mph.

I have checked fuel is getting to the carb and have stipped the carb right down and cleaned all the jets, put a new plug in, I have done a omhs test on the coil and it seems fine, checked ht lead and cap and am now at a loss, so have any of you guys any ideas what to look at next ?

Many Thanks in advance

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spray wd40 over the air intake area including carb boot and box ( I no nothing about this model btw) with the engine running if there is any air leaks in this area then the wd40 will get sucked through the carb and will result in an audible difference in idle, keep the spray away from the airbox intake itself, it may be a slack or dislodged carb rubber, if this has no effect then check the air filter itself-in the weather we've had recently it might be possible that the air filter is saturated in water ?

...( I no nothing about this model btw) ....

me neither, is it a little 2 stroke scooter twist and go jobbie Dave?

Can you give a little more detail on the fuel delivery to the carb...are you 100% happy with that? is it a vacuum operated tap or not?

me neither, is it a little 2 stroke scooter twist and go jobbie Dave?

Can you give a little more detail on the fuel delivery to the carb...are you 100% happy with that? is it a vacuum operated tap or not?

Yep 2 stroke twist an go

yes fuel good I sucked the vac pipe and fuel poured out of the other pipe also took main fuel feed pipe to carb off kicked bike over and fuel came out ok.

Thanks Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online