Ahhhh, Venice

Guest JMW
This post is 7269 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ahh yes, just got back from a week in Venice.

T'was a press trip, full board accomodation for free and in the best hotel on the island - Luna Baglioni.

Apparently, Dinero was there the week before - shame as I'm a fan.

Got some nice piccies of what I can only describe as one of the nicest and culturally effervescent places I've ever been to. Managed to get some great images of Mont Blanc on the flight over and aa few fantastic images of the sun setting over the wing on the flight back - had to use a polariser to get rid of a lot of the crudd on the window though.

Funny thing was that on holiday you usually work out who the locals hate most out of all the tourists - I hate to say it but the folks from the US are the normal choice but over there it's deffo the English and even then it's barely noticeable - so friendly and such a warm and welcoming place. Makes you wonder if you are on the same planet at times.... !

What a week !

Fantastic !

:P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah, good call there.

I really liked the place - put it this way, all the streets were spotlessly clean and everyone was really nice.

This sounds silly but being able to Tango was as cool as baked beans in St Marks Square to a live classical band as the sun set.

Reminded me of Pacino in Scent of a Woman.

Going to Rome in March, NY again at Christmas... Cool !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online