1991 DT125R - X front brake assembly needed

This post is 4984 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Been absolutely ages since I posted anything up on here. I have to admit I have gone over to the Orange side (KTM) as I am now doing enduro events etc.

BUT, I could never sell the DT, had it so long, worked on it so much, ridden and broken it so many times it just cannot be sold.

And now... I have done some bits and pieces to it.

Stripped it painted it, re-greased, renewed and replaced everything that needed doing. Fitted a Big One. It was cheap and nearly new.

Recently got hold of some YZ 125 forks, upside downers from an early nineties bike (my DT is a 91) Fiddled about with the yokes and have them fitted perfectly. Changed up the rear suspension for an upgraded unit my colleague gave to me and have carbon reeds etc with the electronic power valve working beautifully. Its also got Fat bars on oversize clamps.

Finally this week I purchased some DT125x wheels. Rear is complete, but front is lacking the disc. Before I go out and buy a 60 quid new part, does anyone have one for sale spare? Come to think of it if you gad a complete front brake assembly that would be awesome.

Pictures will follow.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All,

Been absolutely ages since I posted anything up on here. I have to admit I have gone over to the Orange side (KTM) as I am now doing enduro events etc.

BUT, I could never sell the DT, had it so long, worked on it so much, ridden and broken it so many times it just cannot be sold.

And now... I have done some bits and pieces to it.

Stripped it painted it, re-greased, renewed and replaced everything that needed doing. Fitted a Big One. It was cheap and nearly new.

Recently got hold of some YZ 125 forks, upside downers from an early nineties bike (my DT is a 91) Fiddled about with the yokes and have them fitted perfectly. Changed up the rear suspension for an upgraded unit my colleague gave to me and have carbon reeds etc with the electronic power valve working beautifully. Its also got Fat bars on oversize clamps.

Finally this week I purchased some DT125x wheels. Rear is complete, but front is lacking the disc. Before I go out and buy a 60 quid new part, does anyone have one for sale spare? Come to think of it if you gad a complete front brake assembly that would be awesome.Pictures will follow.

Hello :D

PM sent.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online